Saturday, November 28, 2009

Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

I have natural red hair that has been heavily highlighted for months. For winter, I opted to have it dyed "strawberry blonde" allover to lift the roots a little and slightly darken the blonde highlights.



I ended up with a brownish auburn color overall. The highlights are fading somewhat -- but not to "reddish blonde" more like "ash blonde/brown".



During the consultation, I showed the stylist 2 pictures which were considerably lighter than what I ended up (think Nicole Kidman in a light red phase) with and what I have now after one shampoo. I also explained that it had been highlighted a month prior.



After she had finished, the stylist admitted that it turned out darker than she meant for it to and gave me their number, "in case I had any problems."



What can I reasonably demand from the salon: a free color correction, a lighter red added when the color fades a little more? And how long should I wait before attempting this -- to avoid more damage from the dye?



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

At least I would demand that they fix your hair, and make it the way you wanted it. I would ask for my money back on top of that, To lighten it, wash it with dish soap, it will help to strip some of the color out that was just done, and red is a primary color, it will show through, you may end up with the color you wanted. But the salon still owes you.



I got my hair highlighted one time, and decided to have a few strawberry blonde highlights added, my hair ended up orange, and I made the girl re-dye it, and give me all the money back that I paid in for having to damage and dye my hair twice!



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

I would call the salon to explain that them you're just not happy with the dye job. They should, as a good faith effort offer to fix it for free. However, don't call up demanding anything. Say you're upset that they dye is much darker than you'd like and requested and if there is anything they can do to help you, that you'd appreciate it.



In the meantime, I would use a clarifying shampoo every three days (such as Suave Daily Clarifying) to help remove some of the color. Don't flat iron, blow dry, or use excessive styling products in the meantime. Use a good deep conditioner and don't agressively brush...



And whatever you do NEVER use dish soap on your hair, it's WAAAAY too caustic and will damage your hair. Damaged hair leaves open pores and the new dye will take unevenly.



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

go back to the salon and complain that you want it fixed. ask to talk to the head stylist to see what they suggest being done since you don't want to damage your hair. they have to fix it for free if they messed it up,



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

Have them fix it. She knew what u wanted and she admitted to messing up the color so go back and get it fix. and u dont want to wait cause they are going to tell u why u waited so long for so try going asap. Some people do that so they can charge u. Happened to me once the second time that happened I went back like 3 days after and told her I couldnt adjust to the dark color she accidentally put into my hair nad she fixed it for free.



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

I would have them fix it for sure. Some places have a policy where you have to let them know with in so many days for them to fix it for free. The less they have to do the better. If you can get it just highlighted over a color correction that is less damaging.



Salon dyed my hair too dark -- do they have to fix it for free?

I wouldn't storm around demanding this and that and for it to be fixed for free AND your money back. You really won't get anywhere and they honestly don't have to do anything, salons fix problems because they WANT to fix them not because they HAVE to. Your head is their business card, that is why they do a correction for free OR they will refund your money but not both.



I would talk calmly and rationally to the stylist who done it and more than likely she will gladly take you in and fix your hair or whatever you want. She wants a happy client but she also wants to be treated respectfully and you need to realise that many work on commission, so this is work that she is not getting paid for but work she is paying for to make you a happy customer. Happy stylists have happy clients and vise versa. Be poliet, I am sure you enjoy being treated polietly. More bees with honey type thing :)



I would NEVER use a dish detergent. Do not try to strip any color out of your hair just leave it as is, she will be able to correct it a lot easier if you haven't meddled with it. Also this could be a simple mistake that she really couldn't have fully expected if she is relativly new. You had your hair heavily highlighted, this bleached hair would have soaked up color and it come out much darker than she anticipated or what she had mixed up. It could happen to any stylist, it has happen to me a few times, no biggie I just apologized, explained why it done that and asked her if she would like to be reschedualed or if she liked it as is (if they do I give a discount, because in the end it isn't what they wanted).



She seems to be a nice stylist who recognized her mistake because she has already owned up to that and has said she is willing to make adjustments for you. Just give her a ring and explain you have slept on it and are really not too happy adn would liek it fixed, I am sure that will be end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech