Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My hair is naturally auburn, i dyed it darker red, is it possible to get it back to my naural colour

Yes. What kind of dye did you use? Red is harder to keep in hair and usually washes out fairly easily. If yours doesn't, try letting it grow out.



My hair is naturally auburn, i dyed it darker red, is it possible to get it back to my naural colour?

the color (or colour) will dissipate after a few weeks to a month or so - depending on the formula.



My hair is naturally auburn, i dyed it darker red, is it possible to get it back to my naural colour?

Yep let it grow in naturally.



My hair is naturally auburn, i dyed it darker red, is it possible to get it back to my naural colour?

Did you use a permanent, semi permanent or tint? Was it done by a pro or at home? What was the peroxide level of the product used?



The temporary colors will fade back and if you went to a darker color there will be very slight difference (generally). My advice, that is the best thing to do, let it fade out naturally. There are color removers but they will dry your hair, there are color removing shampoos and they will dry your hair (and remove the color) more slowly. Or see a professional who is experienced in color correction. And realize that the color they do will fade and change too....my advice, let it fade out if it is not a permanent color. If you start putting color over color....it can really make the situation worse.



My hair is naturally auburn, i dyed it darker red, is it possible to get it back to my naural colour?

It depends on if you used semi-permanent or permanent hair color. Semi-permanent will last through about 15-25 washes (depending on your shampoo), whereas permanent is, well, permanent. Permanent hair color will fade, however, not as drastically as the semi-permanent.



Since your hair is naturally auburn, you'll be able to achieve closer results to your natural color. However, coloring it darker than your natural shade (especially if it's permanent color) will hinder it a little. You can go from light to dark with a single box of color - but going from dark to light is a different story.



If your new hair color is close enough to your natural shade, try this: purchase a SEMI-PERMANENT hair coloring kit that matches your natural color (or as close as you can get). When coloring your hair, focus more at your ends (where your hair is colored) and less at your roots. While this will wash out, it helps make the transition period a little easier. Re-color as it starts to fade.



You're going to want to focus on what's already been colored, and not the new growth - this is important! When you color your hair, even the most expensive salon hair color will cause a slight amount of damage. Damaged hair is more prone to picking up color, almost like a magnet. Healthy hair will not "grab" the color as well as previously colored hair.



Push comes to shove, go to a salon and have a professional look at it. It's expensive, but they really know what they're doing. I used to work at a salon (as a receptionist) and NOTHING was worse than when my chocolate brown home hair coloring turned my hair black! I've been using the technique I described here to fix it (as I no longer work at the salon), and I get tons of compliments on my color. Hope this helps!



ONE MORE THING! Make sure you CONDITION YOUR HAIR after all of these chemical processes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Faratech